In typical Epos fashion, the crossover is as simple as we can make it: both the woofer and tweeter networks are 2nd order filters at 3.2 kHz. To ensure the highest sound quality, all the resistors are metal oxide and the capacitors are high-quality polypropylene-foil dielectric, for their superior sound quality. Inductors are designed for low distortion even at high powers: air-core for the tweeter and an over-sized laminated-iron cored coil for the woofer. The input terminals are bi-wirable.
• POWER HANDLING 100 Watts unclipped speech and music
• FREQUENCY RANGE 51 Hz – 25 kHz
• IMPEDANCE 4 Ohm nominal
• SENSITIVITY 89dB / 2.83V@1m
• AMPLIFIER COMPATIBILITY 25 – 100 Watts
• POSITIONING Not less than 10 cm (4″) from rear wall
• TWEETER Epos 25mm soft dome with high-temperature voice coil, ferrofluid cooling and neodymium magnet system. Magnetically shielded
• BASS/MIDRANGE DRIVERS Epos mid bass 156mm dia., with cast chassis, 25mm high-temperature voice coil and polypropylene cone. Magnetically shielded.
• CROSSOVER FREQUENCIES 3.2kHz
• CROSSOVER Bass and tweeter networks both use 2nd order filters. Only metal oxide resistors and polypropylene film capacitors are used for optimum sound quality. The tweeter section has an air-cored inductor, and the woofer section features a large-core laminated-iron inductor for low distortion and high power handling, all to ensure the very highest sound quality.
• TERMINAL PANEL Bi-wirable. Can be single or double wired by removing shorting links provided.
• INTERNAL WIRING Solid-core Audiophile grade copper cable
• CABINET 18mm MDF wrap and front baffle, extensively braced internally
• FINISH Cherry, Black Oak or Rose Wood real-wood veneer
• GRILLES Removable ‘audiophile’ grille fitted as standard, Alternative cloth-covered grilles are packed as accessories.
• SIZE HXWXD MM / IN. 310 x 185 x 245 / 12.2 x 7.2 x 9.7
• WEIGHT 6.1 kg / 13.4 lb per single speaker (net)
15.4 kg / 33.9 lb per carton (gross) Per Pair.